Wednesday 1 June 2011

Potato Salad

I'm back to having a camera. I've also just started research for my dissertation. These two facts of my life don't mix too well. Especially if you consider that the more academic work I do the more I time I tend to spend thinking about food. Last week I got a package with the shiny new piece of technology and then the veg-box came containing new potatoes. Bye-bye dissertation, hello potato salad!


New Potato Salad

1/2 kg of new potatoes (washed but not peeled)
1/2 red onion
about 15 mini gherkins
3 Tbs mayonnaise
1 Tbs yoghurt
1 1/2 tsp English mustard
2 tsp gherkin brine
olive oil
fresh rosemary, salt and pepper

Boil the new potatoes until ready to eat. Drain them and put them aside to cool completely and then put them in your salad bowl. Chop the onion into small cubes and slice the gherkins in halves (or smaller if you wish). Chop the fresh rosemary. Add everything to the potatoes.
In a separate bowl mix mayo with yoghurt, mustard and gherkin brine (to taste). Add some olive oil and mix well until all ingredients blend together. Season with some salt and pepper and then pour into the salad. Mix well and enjoy.

(the amounts are estimates as I didn't really pay that much attention to them - if you think it needs to be more saucy make more of the dressing)

No comments:

Post a Comment