Thursday 10 March 2011

Luring spring

This years' winter seems to be endless. I have hoped for spring to come with the first snow drops. Then with the crocuses. Now it's daffodils' turn. So to help it find its way, I made some asparagus the other day. I know it's not May and I know it's not time yet. But if spring won't come to me herself (spring should be a woman with her mood-swings) I will just make some spring at home myself.

Asparagus
bunch of green asparagus
some olive oil
sea salt (preferably coarse)
some parmesan

Wash the asparagus and trim the bottoms if they appear dry. Green asparagus snaps very easily, so just try and snap the dry ends off. Place it on a baking tray and pour a bit of olive oil on it. Season with some salt and toss all of it together. Bake in the over for about 15-20 minutes in 180 C. The asparagus should be soft when you take it out. Grate some parmesan on top and serve hot. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment