Thursday 23 December 2010

Cheat's Martini

I am home and as there are already plenty of hands helping out with Christmas cooking I am the one responsible for the provision of liquid fuel. Cheat's Martini is named so because it's not really a martini - after all it has both gin and vodka. It's a foundation of a Vesper, but it definitely isn't one either. What it is, is a very, very strong cocktail for those who like their cocktails decisive. So, if you like Tequila Sunrise or (dare I even mention it as a cocktail... Archer's and lemonade) you should probably stay away from this one.

You will need:
40 ml gin
20 ml vodka
2 drops angostura
2 olives
+ martini glass

Chill your glass with some ice. Put 6-8 ice cubes into the shaker and add the liquid ingredients in. Shake well and strain into your glass. Add the olives and enjoy responsibly. 


p.s. I called it "Cheat's Martini" only today as it needed a name, tho I am sure if I searched for long enough I would have found that it's been done before (I am sure it has!) and has a proper, more official name. If you do find it's proper name and think it suits the drink better - let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment